Cinematheque Davao Featuring Emir

Emir will forever be one of my favorite Filipino movies since it tells about the deep stories of OFWs. Stories like these never fail to touch my heart because my parents used to work abroad in order to send my sisters and I to a reputable school. It's a heartwarming story that let's you peak on the reality that not just because someone works abroad he or she is already swimming in money. And of course, I loved it because it was a musical. I've always been a fan of broadway, so you could just imagine how happy I was when Chito Roño came up with his version of broadway. I watched this back in 2010 (review HERE), and sadly, I can't find any DVD copy of it anywhere.



Anyway, Davao Cinematheque will be featuring Emir September 12 to 16, 2012. Screening Schedule are as follows:

September 12: (Wed) 5:30 PM : EMIR
September 13: (Thu) 5:30 PM : EMIR
September 14: (Fri) Teng Mangansakan (Special Screening)
September 15: (Sat) 5:30 PM : EMIR
September 16: (Sun) 5:30 PM : EMIR

Running time (EMIR): 135mins
Advisory (EMIR): Rated PG 

This entry was posted on September 11, 2012 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply