Globe Revolutionizes the Prepaid Arena with GoSakto Create Your Own Promo

As a person with terrible Obsessive Compulsive syndrome, I have a tendency to customize everything that I can and tailor it to my personal lifestyle. From my everyday necessities, to the clothes I wear, down to how my blogs are designed, I always try to inject a doze of "me" in them. It's a hard habit to break and I sometimes cringe a little bit when things don't go my way. It sounds pretty narcissistic, but hey, we all have our own sorts of sorcery. Anyway, my being OC is the reason why I easily appreciate things that give me the power to customize. Enter Globe GoSakto.


Imagine having the freedom to create your own mobile promo to fit not only your personal needs, but also  your budget limits. Yes, that's right. Globe Telecom attempts to redefine the prepaid arena through their newest service, GoSakto.
"We are thrilled to disrupt the prepaid market with yet another innovation that will change the behavior of today's subscribers when it comes to availing promos" Said KD Dizon, Head of Globe Prepaid. "With GoSakto, subscribers will bid pre-made and canned prepaid promos goodbye. No customer is the same as the other"
Creating your own promo is as easy as 143. Simply dial *143# on your mobile phone and choose what type of promo to avail. You can also choose to create your promo via  Globe Website or via GoSakto Facebook App.


  • call/text/surf
  • call and text
  • call and surf
  • combination of all 

After mix-matching promos, you are given the option to choose the validity of the services that you've availed; from 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, or 30 days. And just when you thought this service is already amazing, here comes more. Get this, you can actually name the promo that you have created to seal the deal. If this isn't cool enough, I don't know what is. 

To know how it works, watch this GoSakto Video with the ever-cutie, Xian Lim


I'm a proud albeit abusive user of Globe's SUPERSURF50 to powerup my Globe Tattoo Mediapad. I like how it allows me to surf like there's no tomorrow, with a connection that's faster than my DSL from another network. Really, it's an immanent glory to have the ability to be online while on the go, especially when I'm in someplace short of Wi-Fi connection. It gives me bragging rights, too, whenever I get to instagram and my peers can't because the venue does not have free Wi-Fi. The only downside is, SUPERSURF50 only lasts for 24 hours. But well, thank goodness for GoSakto, I can now choose my own surfing bundle, with an added call/text credits, and extend its validity up to a month. Man, my cyborg life is complete.

I had the chance to experience it first hand last night during the Davao GoSakto Launch at the Ballroom of Marco Polo Hotel. It's pretty easy to do, super convenient and very much pocket friendly.

A few screenshots of the GoSakto service on my Globe Tattoo MediaPad
Below are some photos during the launch. (photos courtesy of Ar-Jay of Gamedok )





With my fellow Davao Bloggers
 So, what do you think about GoSakto? Pretty neat, isn't it?

This entry was posted on February 19, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply